Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have been working with programs such as Blender 3d recently which conflict with my security settings. I have been getting permission denied for saving files and doing other functions in these programs. I found out how to disable the administrator setting by going in command prompt and typing "net user administrator /active no" and how to keep the computer from constantly bringing up warnings asking me to allow a change to my computer by going in user account settings and sliding the slider to zero. It seemed to be working untill I took the slider back up so that I could have some security enabled while on the internet, and then even when I took the slider back down it was still the way it was before, not letting me save my files on some programs and bringing up messages asking me to allow myself to run a program I had clicked on. I tried bringing up the command prompt and re-disabling the administrator setting and also made sure the slider was down all the way, to no effect. I was trying to do a system restore to restore whatever is screwing this up, but an error comes up everytime telling me it can't access a file possibly because of antivirus being on, even though I already turned all the security features off. Any way I could have missed something that I did right the first time but not the second?
Thanks!

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,292 Posts
Right click => Properties => Security => Advanced => Owner => Take Ownership => Click your user name => Then Select the box that says "Replace Owners on subcontainers and objects"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.