Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, a technician from TW came to fix a problem I was having with my modem signal. He checked memory on my computer and said that I needed to make space in order for it to run more smoothly. ( I only had 12% available space) He went to add/remove and showed me some what I could remove. Two of these programs were J2SE runtime environment upate 3 and update 6. I removed those programs along with a couple of games that had been downloaded. He also told me to remove system restore checkpoints in order to make more space. Now when I go to yahoo games or pogo, the browser will automatically close out when I get to the page to load the games. Is this because of the J2SE removal?? They both are still showing on my add/ remove programs although I removed them. TIA for your help with this problem.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome

looks like he messed something up there

you could try and do a system restore out of your accessories

but it looks as if you need additional resources for your computer, maybe an upgrade is in order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes... I think he did mess something up. Because I was told to delete my system restore checkpoints, I am unable to do a restore on any date before April 3. As for my resources, my hard drive space is now cleaned up, I now have plenty of room. Is there some time of download to enable me to play online games again?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.