Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At home, I have 3 computers connected to a network via a d-link router. I have an XP machine and a Linux machine conncted directly to the router, and a Mac OS X machine connected wirelessly. My issue is that when ever I connect to my work's VPN (using the XP machine), I can no longer access any of my local network resources, and they (linux and mac) can no longer see the XP machine on the network. Is there any way around this? I connect using Nortel's Contivity VPN Client V04_65.18. The client connects at a maximum of 10mbs and my nic card is 100mbs. Can I try adding another nic card?

Thanks!

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Nope. The VPN does that as a security measure. There may be workarounds, but I live with the same issue here. :smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know for a fact that there is a "work around" the guy in the office next door to mine has it setup that way. He however knows less about computers than I and has no idea how it was set up for him.

Could anyone fill me in on how to do this? (access both your vpn and local network at the same time)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I am no expert here, however, I ran into an issue with a VPN and it turned out the VPN default GW was the same 192.168.x.x. address as my home network!!

JamesO

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Allowing local VPN traffic is a function of the VPN and it's configuration. If the site you're connecting to doesn't want you to have network access while the VPN is running, my guess is that you won't get both working together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.