Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this may seem simple as in you may think I want to see the files on my PC's HDD and vice versa.

But no, I want to make it so I can use the hardware of my PC on my laptop (and possibly vice versa) without dismantling them both.

If this is impossible I can understand and thanks anyway, if it is possible than that is awesome.

On a side note I want this for gaming, I can just barely play games that are 5/7 years old. This is because of my limited CPU (1.50 GHz and 1.99GB of RAM) and my Graphics card (Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML)

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place but it seemed accurate enough, since I'm using XP.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,102 Posts
Well yes you can link then together with a crossover networking cable or through a router or switch however the display on the laptop is still limited by the graphic chip on the laptop, there are programs that let you use the desktop of the pc and control it with the laptop but it would be way too slow to play a game on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hmmm... Well okay if my only option is a whole new laptop then how much is a gaming rig? I don't want to spend too much just too play games, I can after all just go on my desktop and play them and browse the internet via laptop which would be a pain but at least I get the games... Well I will decide once I know my options (also I live in britain)

EDIT: nope I am not going to pay £500 + to play games! I will just use my desktop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.