Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

A while ago I was on a website (which I can't remember) that had a very cool script that I'm trying to obtain. The site was dedicated to prividing photoshop tutorials. The way that this site layed out the provided tutorials was by having a page that acted as just a giant list of tutorials in link form (so a link would read "Cool Signature Tutorial" that would be followed by a brief description). What I found cool was when you put your mouse over a tutorial link such as "Cool Signature Tutorial", a preview box would open up near your mouse with a thumbnail image of what your final product of the tutorial would look like upon completion. Not only would this flyout box open displaying a preview thumbnail, but the flyout box would also follow your mouse, assuming your mouse was still ontop of the link.

This is a very hard concept for me to explain via text, and unfortunately I cannot think of any example websites that have this. Can anyone help me figure out what this script was and where I can get it? This was not done in flash.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You're probably not just going to be able to find it and download it... the site was likely made by professionals who wrote the script themselves, they didn't find it somewhere.

If you can find the site again, then you could view the source and find the script, but it wouldn't be copy/paste ready for your site. If you want to learn javascript and eventually write a script yourself, check out http://www.w3schools.com/JS/default.asp

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
All this would take is some JS and CSS, there's loads of scripts around like this but nothing amazing. Follow the link FredT gave you and look at the CSS tutorials when you're done. Then you'll be set to write decent JS and style it with CSS, which will end up with a better result than if you copied someone elses'...

Cheers,
Jamey

·
God (TSF Enthusiast)
1,118 Posts
All it's doing is having an image or two follow the mouse with some CSS to make it look pretty. Seen it a million times, even made one once.

·
God (TSF Enthusiast)
1,118 Posts
Well no, but close enough.

·
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,099 Posts
I had one once when my daughter was 12 anbd had a unicorn site. It had a unicorn with a trail of glitter following the curser. It turned out to be a HUGE resource hog. I will say though that was 10 years ago and I know the technology has improved. It was just a matter of a small java code and a script in the HEAD section of your page.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had one once when my daughter was 12 anbd had a unicorn site. It had a unicorn with a trail of glitter following the curser. It turned out to be a HUGE resource hog. I will say though that was 10 years ago and I know the technology has improved. It was just a matter of a small java code and a script in the HEAD section of your page.
..that was COMPLETELY irrelevant and random.

·
God (TSF Enthusiast)
1,118 Posts
HEY. Everyone loves unicorns. Once again, he means javascript script. Not a java script. Completely different things. Look up a script that gets your mouse position, then have the picture display at those coordinates. It's really a simple script, it's just... well... useless to me, and if you're really that interested, google it. It's a simple find lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.