Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is the first time I'm posting to a computer forum. How awesome that you all are here!

I'm computer-illiterate, but this past summer I had a virus (actually it was there for quite some time --- over a year; Norton supposedly removed it, but it came back, and I was doing a lot of online banking, and suddenly all the money was removed from my bank account! of course the bank returned the money, but it happened TWICE!!! after which I got a new (refurbished) computer, and I just do not want to go through all that again).

Tonight my computer started acting funny (and 2 days ago too). Certain websites that never do this started popping up windows that said the websites couldn't open. Then I ran my Spyware program (Spyware Doctor), and it says that there is a Medium Threat on my computer, + 32 infections. It cleaned 31 of the infections, but 1 infection + the Medium Threat cannot be cleaned. :4-dontkno It's calling the Medium Threat Application.Win DVD and says that it is a legitimate application that, under some circumstances, people may not want. But I've run Spyware Doctor before and not gotten this message about a threat on my computer (since getting the new computer). And I certainly haven't downloaded a DVD program in the interim. So why suddenly do I have this Win DVD, that is now showing up as a threat? It has to be a virus, I guess? And what do I do, since Spyware Doctor won't clean it?

Thank you so much. I hope you can help....

Ainna

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.