Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK HERES MY QUESTION:

AT&T doesnt not offer Mi fi, only Sprint and Verizon do. And both of them suck for coverage here. If I get a single AT&T wi fi service can I then buy a wireless router to run lan lines to my 3 desktops and use the router like a mi fi? I have researched and can find routers that look like with a usb or pc card can receive a wi fi service but nothing weather it would work the way I need it to. This is my last avenue of obtaining high speed internet at a someone decent price and response time for 3 computers. At least until AT&T brings out their Mi Fi service. I need any and all input. If this can be done, what router for say around 100.00 or less would be the one to use. I am the only mmo/fps gamer and would like to play games but dont have to. But the satilite internet is worse then verizons 1 bar wi fi we tried and is going back asap. Id rather have dial up then huges net. Now if the above is possible, would I be looking at the same response times a huges net? Or is wi fi faster?
Like I said any and all info needed. Opinions also welcome. Thanks!

Give a quick description on where im at in terms of high speed internet.

Just moved to a new house that does not get any kind of DSL. Nor does it get any kind of coax cable. We changed our cell phones from Sprint to Verizon and both services get no more then one bar. In fact get dropped calls only 500 feet from my front door. No Clearwire available either. AT&T on the other hand is 5 bars strong (as seen on a verizon techs att phone :) Doubled checked and we are in the Best rating for AT&T coverage. Also, just had Huges net hooked up and OMG it blows. Takes 7-10 seconds to load any page. Though am getting 10m downloads... So its FAST but its not quick... lol In any event, wi fi is my only option left.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.