Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused: I just bought a P4 3 ghz ht and a p4c800E DE LUXE , WD Raptor SATA and Caviar SATA HS's, mainly to use as a DAW, recording vynil LPs with Samplitude 24/96 files. The sound card Prodif 96 Pro does't have the drivers for WXP.

As I was advised that the HT feature only works under XP OS, I kindly request the fellas some hint to use this sound card in my new computer.

Many thanks in advance

Strangelove

·
Registered
376 Posts
Have you gone to the sound card manufacturer's website and look for the newest drivers for it? If this is a fairly new and good quality sound card, there will be XP drivers for it there.

Also try Windows Update.

If there are no drivers, I'm afraid that you'll have to set up a dual boot system so that you can use the sound card in your projects in an older operating system, and then have the boot partition with XP when you don't need to use the sound card. Actually, in this case, upgrading to a new sound card would be best.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
I checked that out yesterday, since I have a Prodif Plus (on Win98SE). Some of the other cards (e.g. Prodif Plus) do have XP drivers, but not the Prodif 96. It has ASIO drivers, which web searches seem to indicate is a music-specific thing.

But I couldn't figure out whether XP already natively supports ASIO drivers, or if that is not an XP thing...? So I didn't reply.

-clintfan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help MM and Clintfan !

I realise that I must have dual boot until I change the sound card.

Please, what OS I must install first?
How many partitions you advise?

Excuse me for my raw doubts. I'm a newbie in this matter.

I take this moment to felicitate the group by its friendship and cooperation , above the duty line.

Wishes,
Strangelove

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.