Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can the LocalService folder, protect, get deleted?! [repost]

[C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\s-1-5-19]

I have posted this thread in xp forum / group, no luck.
I am hopping that someone here knows about this folder.
There are over 900,000+ small few bytes each totally over a gig or something (if ever opens up the I would be able to tell).
Anyway, I need to find out whether if this "protect" folder that belongs to the system profile called localservice can be deleted or not, or at least the content of that folder would be fine also.

It is stopping me from "ghosting" the drive, or virus scan, or backup, ... every read process to this folder dies after few hours..
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get a response to this? I have searched the internet and have found a few similar problems with no results as to how to resove it. One individual claimed they resoved it by running CCleaner but I tried this and it failed with some type of memory error. I have 1.1 million enteries and form what the internet postings have said its caused by a trojan of some sort. My virus scanner takes over 50 hours to complete its scan and from what I have read its also the cause of otjer problems related to computer slow downs. I have tried everything I know of to delete this file and have been unsuccessful. Outside of a fresh install Im out of ideas, but Id rather now do that if I can avoid it plus its such a cop out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.