Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone:wave:l have a friend that just got dsl when he clicks internet explorer it tells him page can not be displayed.the phone line is working and it was confirmed by a at&t service person ..he told my friend the problem was in his computer as his laptop worked..he tried cleaning the disc and defrag..still no luck..anyone have an idea? thks Jim

T

·
0 Posts
Open a cmd by going to:

Start
Run
type in cmd and click ok

then copy/paste these 2 commands (1 by 1) and hit enter to run them:

netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset reset.log

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for getting back after l click ok a black screen comes up with a flashing dot should he just type the commands???

T

·
0 Posts
Yes type the commands or you can copy/paste. Afterwards restart your computer immediately after. :smile:

T

·
0 Posts
Unzip this file and follow, the prompts. Restart your machine at the end. This is not my batch creation and is one of my friends who is a microsoft tech so if this fixes it please give credit to my friend Go The Power :smile:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
l don;t think this will help me my computer is working fine it;s my friends computer thats not able to get on line!l'm helping him overthe phone.

T

·
0 Posts
You will have to get the file to him. Actually scratch that, unzip the file and place it on your desktop. Right click the file and choose edit. Then notepad should come up. Read him the text and make him create one of his own in Notepad. Save the new file he created as "DNS Fix.bat" NOTICE that I put in .bat, please make sure it is exactly like the quotations

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.