Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a graphics card for my PC ( a dell optiplex gx280 ).

I think the power supply is 210 watt.

Ideally I would like to have something higher than a radeon 9600/geforce fx 5900.

I really don't want to spend to much money around £35. I'd be happy to buy a used graphics card.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Can someone also tell me, how do I check if a graphics card is compatible with my PC. Is it just the power supply I need to check, or is their other requirements that I have to check for compatility.

Regard,

Kareem.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
You had a similar question in a separate thread that I believe has been answered.

The only card that I know can run on bad power supplies is a geforce 6200. Other then that I'm not recommending anything higher.
I should probably add you will need a pci-e version of the card and be sure to get a low profile model if your using a slimline case.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

But do you think graphics card would work with a power supply of 210 watt. I do remember your earlier reply, but when I checked out the requirements for the geforce 6200, the requirements stated power supply of 250 to 300 watt. Are you certain it would work or is it a educated guess?

And also are you sure the card is compatible with my PC.

Regards,

Kareem

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
The card is compatible. And It's the only card I recommend for low spec power supplies because I've experienced it first hand and know it is low end enough to function on power supplies down to 160w.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.