Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all I just put together a little junker, but I guess I did something wrong because I think I am missing drivers. I keep getting a pops When I first turn on their computer showing that I am missing PCI Modem drivers,along with my universal bus drivers. They both have a "Yellow exclamation mark showing me that something is not right when I check my drivers, and I cannot seem to fix it or even update the issue, or find the correct drivers to down load, if that's indeed the problem. I went to the AMD site, but cannot still find the problem, or how to do it. can someone please help me, so its stops doing this every time I turn their computer asking for a Cd. I hope that I explained this all correctly and hope to get this rectified soon, they are driving me crazy and I feel helpless.

The Motherboard that I put into the board is a K7S5A: I hope that helps, and its a AMD I think.

PS Sorry, its also says I need a MULTIMEDIA AUTO CONTROLLER

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
PCtel AMR/CNR Modem Driver
SiS 7012 PCI Audio Driver
C-Media 9738 Codec Sound Driver

Make sure you download the ones that support your OS. You may notice that they list some of the drivers twice. That's because one is for Windows 9x ; Windows NT series and the other is for Windows 2000 ; Windows XP

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PCtel AMR/CNR Modem Driver
SiS 7012 PCI Audio Driver
C-Media 9738 Codec Sound Driver

Make sure you download the ones that support your OS. You may notice that they list some of the drivers twice. That's because one is for Windows 9x ; Windows NT series and the other is for Windows 2000 ; Windows XP

I hope that you can answer this question:

Say I a missing many drivers for a computer I built; then how and what site do I need to go too? 1. Do I have to make sure what I have first, INTEL OR AMD? (and) 2. How do I know how to search for the drivers? The ones you gave me didn't say exactly what I needed, but did fix the problem.

What if I buy a motherboard staight the Box at Micro center, am I scewed? Hell....I will not know how to find all the divers it needs. I am over thinking this all?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I know that part, thank you though!! But what about if I buy a mother board that needs certain drivers(used)? whats the easiest/best way to find them? Thats what I have trouble with. I couldn't even find the simple drivers that you all helped me with, and that was only 3 drivers I was looking for...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Basically, you need to know the manufacturer and the model # of your devices.

Let's say you have an Nvidia video card, you'd go to www.nvidia.com > download drivers > and select which one you have > download and install.

If you don't know the maker and model #s, you can use this program to determine that:

http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

download and install everest > open > expand Computer > click on Summary

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand all that, thank you. the only thing I am trying to learn is the easiest way to find drivers for what ever board I am utilizing, in case I am missing some.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry that I am not as smart as you guys, I am just not sure which one to click on? I oppologize for frustrating you. Do I download the part that says DOWNLOADS FROM FLORIDA?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
What you do is take the model number of the motherboard and google it
(if you have to) to find the maufacture of the board that way you can go straight
to the manufacture to get the correct drivers for the motherboard in the future.

If you have built a pc and not sure as to what drivers are needed even after looking in device manager, then you will need to run a 3rd party program, example: everest and there a few others out there that will produce the same results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.