Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. A new person moved into the house and is using wireless to connect to the router. Whatever he is doing, its been sucking down the bandwidth. I decided to check out if it was his activity that was causing the slow down, and in the limited logging ability of my linksys WRT54G2 v,1.0.01 i see that the outgoing IP addresses are all over the place (taiwan, canada, brazil, usa, etc etc) in super fast succession. Im wondering what that could be. Some kind of video game? Im not sure what could be accessing that many different servers like that so fast.
Im not all that familiar with networking or tracking of these things, but this bandwidth problem has me concerned. I am considering installing new firmware to help limit bandwidth. Perhaps someone could tell me which version of DD-WRT im supposed to use? Thanks for any advice.

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,105 Posts
Game are usually played on one server, if I had to bet it would be torrent downloads or torrent seeding which is more problematic if it's seeding copy righted material.

I'm not a DD WRT expert but as far as I konw it will only provide limited bandwidth restrictions, start by entering the Router model and revision here > http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.