Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

i have a dell laptop 7500 with XP that was later installed. now i just recently got this problem: i logged on, and it took about 2 mins and then shut it self off. again log on shut down. i didnt do anything. it did that 4 times, and then a message came up:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini100205-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

i havent had the problem scince, but it now bringing up all these errors and things and they are not affecting the computer, but just anoying. and i get mesages that just pop up. how do i get rid of this? what is it? and why.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PurpleSky said:
what about safe mode ? is it shutting down in safe mode too ?

it hasnt shut down after that message popped up. now i get all these setup things coming up in the tool bar, but when you try to open one, they dont do ne thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it did the same thing to me again. and i got a popup and it said to send the error report to microsofot, i did that, then just out of nowhere a thing poped up and it had me do a XP update and i did that, but im still wondering what the heck it is and why? what is going on? it is very wierd.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Does your Dell use a Radeon video adapter?

Hi Toyota,

The minidump is Windows creating a debugging log because your computer is shutting down illegally.

More on minidumps

Does your Dell 7500 have a Radeon video adapter? I searched MS Knowledge Base and found this:

Computer stops or continually restarts with ATI RADEON video adapter

SYMPTOMS
• When you start your Microsoft Windows XP-based computer after you install an ATI RADEON 64 MB DDR video adapter, the computer may continually shut down and then restart.
• The computer stops responding at the Logon screen. After a short time, you may receive the following error message:
Windows has recovered from a serious error BCCode: 100000EA BCP1:81356020 BCP2:8145FB30 BCP3:814D7378 BCP4:00000001 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:0_0 Product: 256_1

You may receive an error report referencing the following files: C:\Windows\minidump\mini~0... .dmp" ...=unknown #'s C:\documents~1\defaut\locals~1\temp\wer3d.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
It's pretty close to the error report you posted.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Dell lists the Inspiron 7500 with an ATI Mobility video card. The resolution to the problem is kind of a cop out -- install the latest ATI driver.

To be on the safe side download the latest driver from Dell's site. Just choose Drivers and Downloads at THIS LINK and enter your Service Tag number or your model number and operating system.

Have you ever done an ATI video driver uninstall/reinstall?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hey guys, thanks for all the help,

i really dont know much about the computer, i got the computer as a gift from my aunt and all i really know are the basics.

Ibrokeit:

i did all the stuff and got the drivers, hopefully that should work. i also did a google search for the error that came up, and it said something about mini dump and deleting some files, i didnt really understand, what exactly is the minidump? and what is it for, and why?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.