Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 Western digital 1st gen 250gb sata drives. The first two work great, not a problem.

Awhile back, my xp started becoming corrupt. So i decided to start fresh on one of the other drives. Installed on the drive, and i could only see my other xp drive, and not the other two. I figured i'd just need to format them after i formatted the old xp drive. So whatever, i finish setting up my new xp drive, then i format the old one. Still can't find them anywhere, not in disk management, not with the utilities, nothing. I can see them when im booting up, so they are being recognized. So i use dban to try to format them, it sees them fine. Did "quick", since it was saying it would take over 20 hours with "dod".

After dban, still nothing.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
if you have them plugged into the promise controller are sure you have the correct SATA driver installed?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i boot up, the controller sees them fine. Just when im in the OS i cant at all.

I'll look around for drivers for my motherboard too see if i can find anything.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, i noticed that in my device manager, there was a raid driver missing. So i went to the asus website, downloaded it, and tried to install it.

When i installed it, i got two new devices. SCSI/RAID Host controller, and WinXP Promise FastTrak 378(tm) controller. But the wimxp one says it has a problem, so it's not working. I have no idea what the problem could be, so i tried reinstalling it, still didnt work.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
here is the driver you should be using, you will have to unpack it before installing

in your bios also, make sure the promise controller is not set on raid

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah! There they are! Where did you find that driver for future reference?

Thank you soo much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.