Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HELP!!!: Tried everything,but no wireless connection

L.S.,

I have a Speedtouch 510 modem and put a Sitecom WL-527 Wireless Network Broadband Router 54G as instructed behind it. In the end I wish to be able to have our desktop connected via kabel and the laptop wireless.

So internet works and I can connect to both routers/modems. But for some reason I can not get to work wireless. From the ISP I get a dynamic IP-address. Could someone get me through step-by-step? I'm getting nuts here!!! :upset: :upset:

KoosHopeloos

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
When searching for the wireless network on the laptop do you see your network?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ newhouse1390: Thanks for the help. To answer your question: no. It doesn't see anything. And that is strange because my dad has a wireless connection at his home as well and my laptop sees he's network when I'm there.

·
Citizen of the world
51,151 Posts
Since you can see other wireless networks, I'd suggest starting at the router. Is the router configured to broadcast SSID? If not, it will be invisible to the standard scan.

Also, while you're checking that, is the wireless capability of the router enabled at all?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ johnwill: Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for some days and today as well, but tomorrow I have the time to check and do things...

Is the router configured to broadcast SSID?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you elaborate a bit more?

And I'm sure the wireless capability is enabled because I can see the wireless led flashing meaning it sends out signal.

·
Citizen of the world
51,151 Posts
Well, you need to check the configuration of the router to see what the wireless capability is configured for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.