Tech Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
If you have located where the WDELUA.EXE file us located can you write click on it and check the properties to see what company puts it out or other information to identify it? I would also try moving it out of the folder. It is in putting it someplace like maybe your desktop or on an unused flash drive, so you can keep the file but see what removing it does to your system. Once it is removed from its location, I would then restart the machine and see what happens. If nothing happens and it seems to fix the problem then I would get rid of the file.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
I found something which I should add in this discussion. This may have related.
With those above two problems there were another problem which I thought that were not related. Now I think they are related too.
I see numerus videos in my YouTube history which I have not seen. Initially I thought my Gmail account has compromised. But login history, IP address, attached devices all are seams normal. Two times I have changed Gmail password, removed all attached devices. But it won’t solve the problem.
Yesterday suddenly some audio coming out from the laptop while no audio/video was playing. Only Google chrome was open. No add video was playing there too. There were no audio playing sign (speaker symbol) in any tab.
I have deleted Google chrome and using different internet browser. It is now almost 10 hours from that and there are neither new videos appearing in in my YouTube history and nor those two boxes (You Tube Home and other is YouTube) appearing till now.
I am not sure if command prompt problem resolved or not. I will update it later.
Edit: It is almost one day and there are no extra videos in my YouTube history and those boxes have not returned yet. But command prompt problem is still there.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm not sure if I missed it or not, but have you done a malware scan yet? I would start there. If that doesn't remove it, I would open a cmd prompt with admin rights. Then I would do sfc /scannow. Let that process complete, restart and look for any changes. If none, open a cmd prompt w/admin. Type gpupdate, after it runs, restart and look for a difference.

Are you comfortable working within the registry? There are a couple of things there too. Reply back if none of the above works.
I have done malware scan nut find nothing. Run sfc /scannow and gpupdate. But it does not solve the issue.
Font Terrestrial plant Number Event
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Darkness Number

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you have located where the WDELUA.EXE file us located can you write click on it and check the properties to see what company puts it out or other information to identify it? I would also try moving it out of the folder. It is in putting it someplace like maybe your desktop or on an unused flash drive, so you can keep the file but see what removing it does to your system. Once it is removed from its location, I would then restart the machine and see what happens. If nothing happens and it seems to fix the problem then I would get rid of the file.
I have attaching screenshot of the folder where WDELUA.EXE located and properties. Hope it helps you to resolve the issue.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

· Registered
5,904 Posts
APTX deals with a codec for Bluetooth audio from what I can glean off of the internet but who's to say. What does that wdeula text file say? What were you doing with your computer on December 21st? Do you have a restore point before then that you could go back to.

Note that if you are getting help in the anti-malware forums don't do anything until they tell you to. You could probably read that .txt file though. I'd like to see what it says.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
APTX deals with a codec for Bluetooth audio from what I can glean off of the internet but who's to say. What does that wdeula text file say? What were you doing with your computer on December 21st? Do you have a restore point before then that you could go back to.

Note that if you are getting help in the anti-malware forums don't do anything until they tell you to. You could probably read that .txt file though. I'd like to see what it says.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

· Registered
275 Posts
hello,

If this was my computer, I was troubleshooting my next step would be to contact the APTX software company support or see if they have any forums where you can submit a question and ask about that file and what it does. Qualcomm® aptX™: Wireless High Resolution Audio Via Bluetooth Based on the reply I would get if it’s a nothing burger so to speak I would then go ahead and see in my ad remove programs and also in my device manager and my devices under Bluetooth and see if there’s anything related to that there.

if I correlated it to a hardware device, then I would leave it alone. But I would make my decision based on the reply. I got from the software company. If it is some sort of an audio codec, I would be more prone to leaving it alone, than doing anything about it. I will say this much if it does track back to a codec, then that company is a real genius for making no information known about it.

Sincerely,

WndrWmn

· Registered
211 Posts
hello,

If this was my computer, I was troubleshooting my next step would be to contact the APTX software company support or see if they have any forums where you can submit a question and ask about that file and what it does. Qualcomm® aptX™: Wireless High Resolution Audio Via Bluetooth Based on the reply I would get if it’s a nothing burger so to speak I would then go ahead and see in my ad remove programs and also in my device manager and my devices under Bluetooth and see if there’s anything related to that there.

if I correlated it to a hardware device, then I would leave it alone. But I would make my decision based on the reply. I got from the software company. If it is some sort of an audio codec, I would be more prone to leaving it alone, than doing anything about it. I will say this much if it does track back to a codec, then that company is a real genius for making no information known about it.

Sincerely,

WndrWmn
In my experience, no reputable software company would just embed their brand into the nuts and bolts of anybody's system. It's a surefire way to make absolutely sure that that person will never be a customer, paid or otherwise. This is more than likely, going to be a registry issue. And yes, you really have to be careful when fooling around with the registry, if you are not subscribing to said "software", then it is probably gonna be a backdoor into somewhere that you don't want it to be. Unless you have subscribed to some YouTube specific software, that is something that you don't want in your system. I would purge the registry of everything with "YouTube" in it and if it doesn't go away, I would save what I feel safe with, to an external device, and do a CLEAN, clean, install. Formatting the HDD/SSD and the whole bit. That's just me. If I didn't put it there, then it will need to ADIOS!!!!

· Registered
275 Posts
In my experience, no reputable software company would just embed their brand into the nuts and bolts of anybody's system. It's a surefire way to make absolutely sure that that person will never be a customer, paid or otherwise. This is more than likely, going to be a registry issue. And yes, you really have to be careful when fooling around with the registry, if you are not subscribing to said "software", then it is probably gonna be a backdoor into somewhere that you don't want it to be. Unless you have subscribed to some YouTube specific software, that is something that you don't want in your system. I would purge the registry of everything with "YouTube" in it and if it doesn't go away, I would save what I feel safe with, to an external device, and do a CLEAN, clean, install. Formatting the HDD/SSD and the whole bit. That's just me. If I didn't put it there, then it will need to ADIOS!!!!
What you said about the YouTube portion on this 2 for 1 special (so to speak), is dead on to how I would treat that portion of the problem if it was my machine. I am always a little over cautious when suggesting people go into the registry on any forum because it is hard to tell sometimes exactly how comfortable or adept a poster happens to be. That is one of the reasons I was attacking the other problem with that window that keeps coming up mysteriously.

Sincerely,
WndrWmn

· Registered
211 Posts
What you said about the YouTube portion on this 2 for 1 special (so to speak), is dead on to how I would treat that portion of the problem if it was my machine. I am always a little over cautious when suggesting people go into the registry on any forum because it is hard to tell sometimes exactly how comfortable or adept a poster happens to be. That is one of the reasons I was attacking the other problem with that window that keeps coming up mysteriously.

Sincerely,
WndrWmn
I get it. That's why I asked him twice! You can actually get bored or distracted and end up blowing up your system by clicking in a registry that you shouldn't be in because of the tree and the way it opens. That's even when you ARE comfy being there. But that may be the only way to get to it. It is embedded and how and why may be a subject for later. The safety of the system and the data may be a higher priority.

But again, you gotta be "able" to take the chance...

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,774 Posts
This is why when giving registry advice, the first point of order should be "BACK UP REGISTRY FIRST".

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
How comfortable are you in going into the registry?
I have not much knowledge about working in registry. I have done very few changes in registry previously. If back up of present registry taken and after making change if some thing goes wrong, we can correct it from the back up right?

· Registered
211 Posts
I have not much knowledge about working in registry. I have done very few changes in registry previously. If back up of present registry taken and after making change if some thing goes wrong, we can correct it from the back up right?
Yeah, but if you are not comfortable with it, I wouldn't do it. I have noticed that some of your info has not been complete enough for me to be comfortable trying to guide you. I'll just say this:
The simplest thing would be to, yes, back up the registry, and everything else on an external drive if you have one available. And back your system up on OneDrive, to preserve all of your files. Reply back when you have done all of that.
See if you can follow the steps in this article: How to Backup and Restore Registry in Windows 11/10.

· Registered
5,904 Posts
I really don't know what all the fuss here is about. Just have the OP back up his/her personal files and then do a clean re-install of Windows. From the looks of the desktop there's not really much that would be undone and so what if it is? It's not like a computer setup is some treasured heirloom to be put away in a locked box, never to be touched.

· Registered
211 Posts
I really don't know what all the fuss here is about. Just have the OP back up his/her personal files and then do a clean re-install of Windows. From the looks of the desktop there's not really much that would be undone and so what if it is? It's not like a computer setup is some treasured heirloom to be put away in a locked box, never to be touched.

VOILA! You just told him!

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

Can I "Reset the PC" instead of reinstallation of windows? Or do you think there may be something which can not be clear up by reset only reinstallation will be required?
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle

· Registered
5,904 Posts
Resetting will work as long as you have no deep-down malware. Note that even if you say "save my files" that it still will strip the system of non-Windows apps. However, this is exactly what we want it to do. Back up your personal files though just in case something goes wrong.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts