Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using windows 7 (currently, i do not intent to upgrade).
with the microsoft 10 media tool i can either create iso or upgrade. can i make an iso for a VM right now and some time in the future, use the upgrade option ? or do i have to choose ?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,818 Posts

·
Global Moderator
42,193 Posts
The Media Creation Tool does not Create ISO images, the ISO image is available for download for free on the same Microsoft page that the Media Creation tool is. You can use the MCT to burn the ISO image of Windows 10. As stated, once it's burned you can use it to upgrade, install or repair. Be aware, about every 6 months or so, there will be a new version of the ISO image, You would need to download that to keep current.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm

my question was, will i be able to use it twice ? like once for the ISO option and later for the upgrade option ? or am i basically screwed for choosing something i eventually dont want/need.

·
Global Moderator
42,193 Posts
If you don't want or need it why are you downloading it?
You can use the Windows Installer Flash drive/DVD as many times as you want there is no limit. However, There needs to be a separate Windows Product key to Activate Windows on each computer it is installed on. Either embedded in the computers Bios or by typing it in. You can only use one license per computer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will i be able to install it on a virtual machine AND on my normal hard drive ?

·
Global Moderator
42,193 Posts
You can use it as many times as you want until it literally wears out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts