Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to click on my options in my File Explorer of Windows 10 the other day, and I noticed both Groove and BtiDefender Wallet have snuck into this area needlessly. I don't need either of these (especially since I've never used Groove in my life and never will). Is there a registry edit I can delete that will allow me to remove these entries from this menu, much like I have done in the past with other areas of Windows? Here is a screenshot:

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,447 Posts
I can't figure out how they got in your File Menu. Possibly deleting all references to them in the Registry would work.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,131 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. But did you have any other registry entires I can try deletieng? I deleted all those in the links and it's still there. So it didn't pertain to this particular drop-down menu in Windows Explorer.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,447 Posts
Because of the combining, check Spotify in registry also. For Bit Defender, Business Solutions Group

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the solution. Leaving it here for future folks who find this post. The key was just searching the full names and deleting the entire registry entries. So I had to search "Groove" and "BitDefender Wallet"

Thanks all who were very helpful, as always!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts