Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Office 97. I installed a wizard from the Value Pack folder on the CD, but I don't want it anymore and I want to know how I can safely remove it.

It does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs tab. (I assume this is because its setup program, Timexwiz.exe, is on the CD and not on my hard disk.) Should I just double click this Timexwiz.exe file (on the CD) and hope that it contains an Uninstall option?

I am aware that Office has Add/Remove maintenance for individual components (available by inserting the CD and re-running setup.exe). But it doesn't work in this case because the wizard I installed was not part of the Office installation (neither Typical nor Custom), but is instead a separate "extra" altogether.

Any advice?

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is from microsoft support:
To remove this download:
From the Start menu, point to the Settings entry, and choose Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
In the list on the Install/Uninstall tab, find the entry Outlook Timex Data Link Watch Wizard (Remove Only), and highlight it. Click Add/Remove.
When it asks you if you are sure you want to remove the application, click Yes.
When it finishes removing the program, click OK on the confirmation dialog box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is, Dekanworld, is that the Timex Data Link Watch Wizard does not appear as one of the installed programs on the Install/Uninstall tab.

But some helpers on another forum did suggest a way to remove the wizard by using the .inf file (to see what files it installed and where it installed them) and then editing the registry to remove the wizard's registry keys. (I believe you also posted a response recommending regedit for deleting hidden programs.)

So I think that suggestion is pretty much the way to go here. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.