Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st of all, I apologize if this is in the wrong section.
2nd of all, it has been a week of nonstop searching for this problem using google :( looked through countless threads from countless forums so Im sorry if this answer is already here, but those searches only made me more and more confused...
ok my problem is I can play some HD videos, but most of them the video plays in VERY slow-motion n the audio plays normally. Sometimes, the video plays in slow-motion for 3 secs, than freezes and every 30 secs it will update w/ a still image n the audio keeps playing normally :(
I have ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series graphics card.
I have 1GB of RAM(I can add another GB of RAM using my flash drive if that would help the cause.) using Windows XP PRO Corporate Edition SP3
I have a Intel Pentium4 Processor CPU 3.00 GHz

I usually use VLC Media Player, but one of the HD files I have played perfectly on Media Player Classic, whereas on VLC it plays for 3 secs n freezes for half a sec and plays another 3 secs and so on... and I recently installed FantasyDVD Player Platinum(TY BTJunkie.org) but that didnt help the cause at all! And other than WMP, those are the only media players I have installed. Oh and, I have K-Lite Codec Pack installed. ANY HELP WOULD BE HUUUUUUGEEEELY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!

edit:IDK if this has anything to do w/ anything, but when I play streams and enable hardware acceleration, and I try to fullscreen, the video freezes after a few secs and will only continue playing if i exit fullscreen. If I disable it, it plays normally. Dono if that has to do w/ anything, but just thought I might add that.

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
With an express 200 and a single pentium 4 I'm surprised you're getting any playback at all. HD requires a LOT of cpu power to run. Media player classic is very light on the cpu so it probably just barely is able to get the video smooth with your pentium 4. However , other programs and higher end videos really need a higher end dual or any quad to run smoothly. Your would also need to be using a more modern gpu. Not more powerful just more modern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( wow.. so if I buy a video card that supports HD than I still probably wont be able to play anything in HD still?? and thank you sooo much for the reply I really appreciate it alot! This has given me the biggest headache from reading soo muchhh the past week lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:'( thats a bummer, but at least it saved me a LOT of time.. thank you so much for your help, guess Im not gonna be watching any High-Def for a while, now I have to save up some money.. again, thank you VERY much I really appreciate it! makes me think I joined the right forum :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.