Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba Satellite M40X

I was wondering if I could add a video card to it, if I have already have integrated graphics

Thanks

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Laptops are extremely limited in terms of upgrades. Generally you're allowed to add more RAM, upgrade the hard drive, and install PCMCIA cards. Other parts like the video subsystem cannot be changed without essentially replacing all the internals.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Yes and No, anything under 1Gb will have the laptop feeling a bit slugish, 1Gb and above will improve things but ultimately your IGP will be the limiting factor if you want to do any gaming....make sure you know what the max memory the laptop can support (usually 2Gb)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you please tell me how I would find this, and how I would know that modern games could be run decently with a lot of ram (my processor is 2.5 GHz) so maybe also an approximation on how much RAM I need?

I know its a lot to ask, but I am quite inexperienced :p

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
okay, hang on and I'll find out brb.....just found it...2Gb max ! You also have the gma900 IGP, this is going to limit your gaming to rather low res in order to get playable framerates (800X600) but that would be dependent on what you plan to play....other than that it is a nice laptop....I have the m200 myself....love Toshiba laptops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.