Tech Support banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my laptop as a DAW at home as well as at a rehearsal space. I have docking stations at each location with different audio interfaces and different monitor configurations.

Is it possible to create multiple profiles for one user in Windows 10 Pro?

·
Premium Member
41,521 Posts
You can create a Local User Profile on each computer that is separate from any other users. If you want to sync all of your settings, Bookmarks, Passwords and have access to the Microsoft Store, then you will want to sign in with the same Microsoft Account on all computers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeff 42,

Yes, you can create multiple profiles for any user (up to 20 is reasonable - to share the space at the same time), just NOT under the same name...it has to be a "different" account, so - make somehanges to the account name... I always add my 'admin' account to any computer I have, as a backup if anything should happen to the main profile...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeff 42,

Yes, you can create multiple profiles for any user (up to 20 is reasonable - to share the space at the same time), just NOT under the same name...it has to be a "different" account, so - make somehanges to the account name... I always add my 'admin' account to any computer I have, as a backup if anything should happen to the main profile...
Here's a link that would help you "how to" as you might want to know all your options:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I was hoping I could create multiple profiles without creating an additional user account,

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
7,442 Posts
FWIW, multiple desktops are great for keeping unrelated, ongoing projects organized, or for quickly switching desktops before a meeting. To create multiple desktops:
  1. On the taskbar, select Task view > New desktop +.
  2. Open the apps you want to use on that desktop.
  3. To switch between desktops, select Task view again.

·
Premium Member
41,521 Posts
What do you mean by a Profile? A User Profile in Windows is a login User Name and Password which creates a separate User Profile with the User Files (ie) Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Desktop etc. Which are separate and not viewable to any other User Profile.
As stated, Using Multiple desktops, you can keep separate Desktops without creating a new User or having to log out of the User Profile you are in and logging in as another User.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean by a Profile?
I mean a collection of settings, software, permissions, drivers for specific hardware, ect.

I'm going to assume that the answer to my question is: No. I'll stick with the two user profiles that I've been using.

Thanks, everyone for your responses.

·
Premium Member
41,521 Posts
Ok. I was hoping I could create multiple profiles without creating an additional user account.....I mean a collection of settings, software, permissions, drivers for specific hardware, ect.
This is what a User Account or Profile is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts