Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a DFI LP DK X48-T2RSB PLUS MOtherboard and got crucial sddr2 ram and one of them was DOA. So I am returning and in the time being im going to purchase OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 for the Motherboard. Can I get your guys input if these with work and are good?? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, if any of you have these if you know the configuration as well so I wont have to find out if they both dont work together. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not going with curical anymore I bought the above OCZ Reaper instead and am just using the one stick now from crucial until I get the new ones to send back the crucial.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so newegg is only going to return the Crucial Ballistex ram so, could there be something wrong that i am doing that doesnt allow me to have two ram installed to boot of anything? Or, should I boot up with one stick and go into Bios to make sure that the timing and volts are correct??

·
Registered
341 Posts
The reasons two sticks of RAM may not work are:

1) The sticks of RAM need to be put in pairs ( 2 x 1GB DDR2).
2) You've exceeded the maximum capacity of RAM you can use on your motherboard.
3) The RAM you have installed is not recognized by the motherboard (incompatible).
4) The RAM could be damaged.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they were a dual channel (2gbx2 ddr2) And the motherboard has up to 8gb ram available slots. I really think its just one of the ram is bad and need to replace it! because if i put the one that i think is bad by itself the computer wont boot!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your problem is clear, your RAM is bad. If you put that RAM in the computer and it doesn't boot then the RAM must be faulty. Replace the RAM and then try again.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I've got the OCZ Reaper PC2-8500, but the 2 gig kit. Excellent ram, but it is big. I have to use the 2nd and 4th slots, my hsf is big too and can't fit those ram heatpipes under it.

You never mentioned what you were doing that only one stick worked. Was this a new build and trying the OS install without success? If so, always best to install your operating system using one module only and add in the rest of your ram after. It'll usually work anyway, but it's just one more thing that can turn a relatively simple procedure into a headache. Not that my track record of remembering that is all too good, though it pops into mind right quickly if something goes a tad wonky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.