Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here. :)

Would anyone be willing to give me a few tips on what I can do to fix a buggy horizontal line problem that I’m having? I have a pic at: http://www.eternalkingdoms.net/other/non_working_x800.jpg

I just upgraded from a 9800 pro to the x800 and I’m rather sure that I removed the old drivers and the Catalyst program. Any help and tips that I can try would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/12/2005, 21:20:54
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: A7N8X2.0
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Duron(tm) processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Page File: 313MB used, 3120MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Most of the time that kind of corruption is bad video RAM. There are some less likely causes like a weak power supply which you can test by swapping power supplies. You should also pull the card out of the machine and then reinsert it to be sure that it's seated properly. Also unplug and replug the auxiliary power connector on the video card. You could also try uninstalling your display drivers (instructions here) and then reinstalling new drivers as well as trying older drivers downloaded from www.ati.com. But in all likelihood, that's bad video RAM and you'll have to RMA it. To be sure it's bad RAM I'd install it in someone else's machine to see if you get the same corruption. If so then you'll have to return it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.