Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

After running very low on disk space (under 200mb) I get the "You need to free up some space message". I've deleting stuff before but now I really can't delete anything else so I removed a few largish programs that I rarely use. These programs totalled over 100mb but why once done does my disk space still remain the same even after a reboot?

Mark

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
I think you should start by doing a CHKDSK on the volume in question. Also, if you have Norton Utilities installed, go to the properties of the Recycle Bin and disable Norton Protection after reducing it's space allocation to 0% and applying it. The Norton Protected Recycle Bin is responsible for many of these types of questions, I got me a couple of years ago. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also you might want to check to see what the limit is on your temporary internet files, i limit mine to 10megs. Also the size limit on your System Restore feature, if it is enabled on your machine, I've seen it take up 3gigs on my computer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your replies but that still doesn't answer my question.

If Xp suggets that removing programs will free up space then why isn't it freeing up space!

I haven't got Norton Utilities but I have got Norton Antivirus 2002. And yes I have deleted all but last system restore point.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
well sorry man, dont know what to tell you, just one of those weird windows problems. be sure that you delete the left over files and empty your recycle bin etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.