Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a great firewall, a super antispyware, an excellent AV, an email scanner (heuristics being also addressed) and pre-scan all downloads, can a keylogger still get to me.

I don't have a standalone anti-keylogging program (they all cost $50-$90).

Happy Merry Fun Christmases to all!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK... Well... So....apart from "anything is possible", anyone with suggestions on how best to protect against specifically keyloggers?

·
Registered
88 Posts
don't download unfamiliar software, don't click yes to any security warnings, and always scan everything you download for viruses or compare checksums every time. keyloggers aren't really any more or less hard to get than any other virus that spreads via the internet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks xarglaph.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Bad sites and activity can make it possible. Other than that, I very much doubt it that it can stay for long, IF you clean and scan your system often.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kalim, that's what I thought. Avoid bad sites and always log off when logged on secured personal sites. Just wondered because somebody asked what they could do since they had to cut off the Keylogger Shield in SpySweeper in order for the steaming heap of junkware not to eat all their RAM.

I've got SpyProtector that came free with Security Task Manager, it's got a keylogger shield but I think the program is outdated and probably impotent. It doesn't come standalone.

Then I started looking everywhere for a freeware but I think none exist. Commercial anti-keylogging programs cost outrageous!

Anyway, thank ya'll again.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've also got SpyProtector that comes with Security Task Manager. I don't know about its efficiency but I've no reason to doubt that it works. It's part of a modern program that gets updated from time to time, so shouldn't be outdated or impotent. It gets switched on whenever we go to banking sites or payment pages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.