Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what is camera-ready artwork? Something we're looking into doing at work involves sending in artwork like that and I'm curious as to what program would do the best job.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Design Team
2,274 Posts
This is my first exposure to the term camera-ready, but knowing that it is something that'd need to be printed first, my instincts say you'll be fine with any vector based program... and if you're working in raster based, be sure that you've got a high operating dpi (300 pixels per inch is the recommended resolution when working in print.) That may not matter though, depending on the optical fidelity of the camera. I'm sorry I don't have a specific recommendation... I'd have to know more details about what you'd be doing.

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Six! I'll get some more details tomorrow and post back.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
It depends on what the finished artwork is going to used for and how it's going to be printed. Generally, camera-ready means high quality images with all blemishes and artifacts removed. Each page or image needs registration marks, crop marks, color calibration bars, etc as reference points for the end-user (the printer). Photoshop is perfect for the job, but most image editors will be good enough, eg Paintshop Pro.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.