Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first of all it hasn't always done this, but I used to play Age of Empires III and Battle for Middle Earth 2 online all the time and they would run great, but now they are extremely slow and there is no point to playing online anymore. The browser seems to run ok, and I do use a router to connect to Xbox Live also, but that is nothing new since everything used to run fine with that going also. I'm not really sure how fast the cable is, but I know it goes by Comcast, thats all I really know, I'm sure I could figure it out if you told me how, but you guys seem to always be quick to respond so thanks. :smile:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

Choose a location nearest you for the speed test. Post results back here.

Try putting the following IP address in your web browser - 192.168.100.1 and see if you can access your cable modem. Most modems other than Toshiba support this featured. Post your signal information back for review.

JamesO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last Result:
Download Speed: 11818 kbps (1477.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 356 kbps (44.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

How do I put the IP in my browser?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Your download speed looks good at almost 12 Mbps!

Your upload speed, well what can I say, not so good. However, this may be a Comcast limitation?? Not sure where you are located, however, Comcast in my area only offers 384 kbps uploads. Maybe this has changed? Maybe you have some issues on the upload? You will need to confirm this with Comcast.

As for checking the cable modem levels, in your top browser address line - http://xyz, remove everything in the address line and type 192.168.100.1 then hit enter and see if you cable modem supports browser based stats.

JamesO

·
Citizen of the world
51,151 Posts
No need, I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

·
Citizen of the world
51,151 Posts
Maybe I should just stop responding...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.