Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acer aspire 5100 laptop. And I was wondering if there is a way that the c drive can be ran with the d drive to have more hard disk space.If not then is there a program that will clean the c drive from all previous programs that have been uninstalled but still take up space that can`t be regained? I have dual prossesor with two hard disk. Windows Vista home premium.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Try using ccleaner (im my signiture) to try and clear up some space. You can combine the D drive but make sure its not a recovery partition. To combine them go to start and look in the search for "disk managment" but make sure you know what you are doing :D

also check the recycle bin make sure that you get rid off all that you dont need

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I use to have the system restore where I put my computer back to the reinstall from hard disk. and I think I have about 3 or more partitions. I think that is what is taking up so much space. I still have about 35.4GB free of 69.7gb. C and D together are 160gb HDD,but I can`t take it back to the beginning because a hacker a while back took that part off. So with that said ,do I still do what u posted first?:rolleyes: The d drive didn`t have anything on it, but right now I have a back on it that I did.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
229 Posts
sure,

remeber go to

Start>Right Click Computer>Select Manage>Disk Management

then go to the D partition and right click and delete partition

then on the C: partition hit extend and that should do it.

BUT MAKE SURE THAT ITS NOT A RECOVERY, CONSINDERING THAT YOU HAVE AN ACER LAPTOP THEY NORMMALY HAVE AN RECOVERY DRIVE.

and also try ccleaner (in my signiture)

hope this info helps

Regards,
Marco.P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.