Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use this folder to keep icons on the desktop for our users. A few computers in one of the labs have this folder missing. Students probably got to messing around and deleted it.

Is there anyway to rebuild this folder to serve it's purpose or am I going to have to re-image the machine?

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi Seth

You might first check to see if those pesky students changed the folder's properties to hidden - just as a prank [set the View in Windows Explorer to show hidden files temporarily].

That's the nice thing about having a backup image handy = they are great for computer labs at schools.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's weird. I typed in the whole address in the windows explorer and it went to the All Users folder, so it isn't gone. BUT, when I told the computer to show hidden files to see if it appeared that way, but it still didn't show up. :4-dontkno:4-dontkno

All well, I changed our policies to create desktop icons in the %*UserProfile%\Desktop directory everytime somebody logs in. Why I didn't do this the first time is beyond me. I can have different icons appear for students and teachers instead of everybody having the same shortcuts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.