Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to bypass the administrator password in the Recovery Console?

I Have a PC which installed Service Pack 3 recently and is now continuously rebooting...

Here's how it all started:

At first, I logged on as an admin to go to the microsoft wbesite and download Genuine Windows Advantage Tool, then download Windows Service Pack 3. No problems there. Then, my colleague logged off and logged on to her account to do her work.

After some time, I went back to check on the installation progress of the Service Pack 3, I logged off my colleague's account, and logged on back to admin. As soon as I hit enter after keying in the password, the comp suddenly rebooted.

Now the first message I see is the light blue screen which says: Windows did not shut down properly, disk check will perform in 10, 9, 8 ...
I cancelled that disk check by pressing the spacebar. And then still in the same screen, a line came out which read: Setup not complete/was interrupted, resetting configurations.......

After that was done, The black screen with the windows logo in the middle appeared and it started loading normally, then the pc rebooted.

The light blue screen appears for a brief time with the message: AUTOCHK not found - skipping autocheck. Then there is a flash of Blue Screen Of Death before rebooting.

Since then that always happens when I start up the PC: light blue screen, black screen with windows logo, AUTOCHK not found, BSOD, reboot.

Right now, after looking through Jesper's Blog:
http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jes...ed-computer-boot-after-installing-xp-sp3.aspx

I followed the instructions but am stuck at the password prompt...
The affected computer is connected to a network totalling 5 computers plus a server and a hub.

Here's the catch, in the user accounts, there are four accounts:
1) Admin as "Computer administrator"
2) Staff1 as "Computer administrator"
3) Staff as "Limited account"
4) Guest account

I have entered both the admin's password and Staff1's password, both have been registered as incorrect by the Recovery Console.

If anyone can provide information I will be very grateful as the affected computer is critical to the office.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

Weird, I got an email which said someone replied but there isn't any...

"CTSNKY has just replied to a topic you have subscribed to entitled - Bypassing administrator password in the Recovery Console? - in the Windows XP Support forum of Tech Support Forum."

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Yes, unfortunately we are not allowed to offer advice on bypassing the administrator passwords for legal reasons.

Please check your private messages for details.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eneles: the link you gave me some useful information but not really a solution to it ( or maybe I don't understand the technical jargon)

elf and CTSNKY: I fully understand, thank you.

Thanks all for helping, I have just recently inquired from microsoft and they offer a few solutions which I shall attempt when the office opens. I will keep you all updated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.