Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently installed a Radeon 9550, by PowerColor (256mb).

Ever since I installed it when I move windows (like an AIM window) or right click my desktop, anything like that it makes this buzzing sound. When I play counter-strike 1.6 it will steady make the sound and sometimes it won't make it at all.

When I got the card I went to Manage > and turned my integrated graphics off. I then unplugged my computer and installed the card. After that I decided to set my tower on the floor instead of on my desk and plugged everything in (microphone, headphones, monitor, power cord, cat5 cable, and mouse/keyboard)

After that I went to the ATI website and got the cata drivers and installed them. I can't remember if it was doing this before or after I installed the drivers but its very annoying. The card works fine, I get good FPS but the buzzing can be heard over my microphone to other people. I've installed DNA drivers as well and it still does it.

So far no one has been able to give me an explination..

my integrated sound is the SiS AC'97 on the KS741GX motherboard (asrock.com)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went to the radeon tool tray and went to the "SmartGart(TM)" tab and clicked the "retest all" button, after the computer restarted it didn't do the buzzing, but it was delayish. So I right clicked, props, settings and the monitor blinked three times, (black, then my screen, black, then my screen, ect) and it started the buzzing thing happened again.....this is what happened when i first installed the card.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, I've unplugged the monitor from the computer and it still does the buzzing noise so its not my monitor.

I've turned off my integrated sound from Bios and it still does the buzzing noise, so its not my integrated sound.

What else could cause this? could the card be bad, my friend sold it to me and he said it worked fine, but it might have done this for him too. Is there a way I can get it replaced?

someone please reply with ANYTHING helpful.

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
It sounds like the fan is starting to go out.
I had an old 7500 that did that.
You can check by lightly stopping the fan with your finger.
Slowly and carefully press your finger on the middle of the fan until
it stops and see if the noise stops.
Dont touch the fan blades.
You can by an aftermarket heatsink/fan at a computer store
or online.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leroys1000 said:
It sounds like the fan is starting to go out.
I had an old 7500 that did that.
You can check by lightly stopping the fan with your finger.
Slowly and carefully press your finger on the middle of the fan until
it stops and see if the noise stops.
Dont touch the fan blades.
You can by an aftermarket heatsink/fan at a computer store
or online.
The sound comes FROM MY HEADPHONE/SPEAKERS not from the tower itself. I wouldn't have turned off my integrated sound, ect. if the fan was bad. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.