Buying a laptop - £500 - Gaming :S
Hi. Over the next 1-2 months I will choosing a laptop for my birthday (Hooray!:laugh
. I am looking for one with a price tag around £500, but this is can go a little under or over, but at the same time getting a good price for it. The problem is, not that I will just be doing schoolwork, but gaming at the same time. I know that this can be hard because firstly, there's not really a thing called gaming laptop, and when there are, they can be expensive.
Well, I've been looking at these laptops. I want near these specs on the laptop
- 2-3GB of RAM
- A stable video card (256gb at least) This is a must for gaming. I know it can be hard to find laptops with good video cards, for this price.
- Able to read dvds(obviously)
- Dual core processor or duo (can't tell the difference)
- At least 120gb of storage space
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Larger screen if possible
- I will not multi-task that much. Speaking of which, is a dual-core needed?
- I will be running music, although good sound cards do not matter
- I will be running games like Warcraft III, most of the time.
- I do like to buy from brands I know well (e.g. Dell, Fujitsu, Acer ) Is samsung a good make?
- A good battery that could last at least 2 hours would be fine, although, it's not a big issue at all
- I'm used to a 1024x1280 screen, so anything close to that would suit me well.
Might be a bit picky but you get a medal if you can find a laptop like that. I live in England as well so keep that in mind.
These are some of the laptops I've been looking through:
The 'Acer AS5920G Gemstone Core2Duo 2GB 250GB HD-DVD VistaHomePremium' is probably my best pick at the moment, but I also like the 'Fujitsu Siemens Amilo P Pa2548 Athlon X2 TL-60 3GB 320GB DVDRW Vista Home Premium' laptop as well. Looks like a good price.
A real thanks to anyone who can help me with this. :grin: Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. I couldn't see a buying a laptop section.