Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I try to burn music onto a disk it will convert the songs and start burning them onto the disk. The CD used to pop out halfway through but I have managed to stop that but now it just says 'closing disk' even when there is more then enough room left on the disk and it isnt finished. This means we are left with CDs with only a few tracks on them... the most we have managed to burn is 8 tracks, but the last one only has 1 on it. The CDs aren't rewritable so we are basically just wasting them. I have tried using two different programs and one recommended using a slower speed to burn the cd so we tried that but the same thing happened. Help please?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried Windows Media Player and a program called NTI CD & DVD-Maker Platinum that is on our computer. I have no idea about the drive set up, sorry... not much good at that kind of thing.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Does this software you are using give you the option to convert to the hard drive first? If it does try that first. then burn that to the disk. some times if the drives cach drops to zero it will stop burning. If the software is taking to long to convert it can happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it does. It has never given me the option to do that. It converts fine and starts burning but suddenly stops. Apologies for not being able to explain it properly, but the whole burning CDs thing is new to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had guests for a week who wanted to burn photos from their camera onto a CD and did so with no problems. Suppose my troubles are just inexperience with the whole burning aspect lol.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
just outta curosity how much memory do you have ?????? I had a customer that was trying to convert and burn CD's with only 512 memory as soon as we popped in another 512 that problem went away /

also the burning process is a hog of resources / i dont suggest doing anything else while you are burning ?????

regards

joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.