Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A good friend of mine is running a HP computer with 20mb HDD,256mb RAM and Windows98SEand we loaded Nero Burning and InCD since he has a LG burner installed and he only had Nero Express software, so we loaded the full edition. The software would only allow him to copy to an image file on his hard drive but not to copy to a CD-R. In frustration, we deleted Nero and loaded Easy cd which worked fine but Direct CD was shown on the task bar but with a stop sign on it and it would not allow him to Format a CD-RW. We eventually reverted back to Ner Express which will allow him to copyCD's but he cannot copy the contents of a CD on to his hard drive and then copy it to a CD. No problem if he wants to copy the whole cd Butwhat if he only wants a couple of tracks? Is it a common problem or is there better software somewhere. I have told him to check his connections to his burner. Can anyone help!:confused:

G

·
If you only want to copy a couple of files to a CD you need to leave the session open so that you can add more later.

If you want to copy from a CD to the hard drive then back onto a fresh CD again you need to choose the burner as the source and the destination in the Nero preferences.

There is a help menu that can guide you thru these things included with the program.

·
Global Moderator
51,325 Posts
I believe the point was easy to miss, I sure don't get it! :rolleyes: :winkgrin:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hmmm...puzzle....lemme try....one question I see is
Butwhat if he only wants a couple of tracks?
in Nero you have to exit Nero express and compile new ISO manually...that means click on add button and pick a track that you want in your compilation. I do it all the time. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.