Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I tried to burn a DVD from Windows Movie Maker and it kept saying to insert a CD when it was time to burn. I put both a CD and a DVD and it kept asking the same question. I tried different disk and it was the same so I sent the movie to My Videos and then sent it to E-drive to burn and it either asked for a disk or nothing happened. After many tries and I don't know how this happened but it did burn it but when I put the DVD in the player it came up as a MP3 and wouldn't play. What am I missing here? Rick

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just a quick question here, that may help them work things out. You do have a DVD burner don't you, not just a CD burner. If you don't have a DVD burner, you can't burn DVD's on a CD burner.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I do have one, it's an Acer laptop with a CD & DVD burner together. I notice that it is reading all of my CDs as empty and all of my DVDs as full although it did burn the one DVD. This is a new pack so I assume that they are good. I don't know how else to check them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Check some CD's and DVD's you have burned with this in the past, does it read them correctly? If so are they the same brand as the ones you are using now? I'm having a problem similar to yours and the drive maker said it was the media type ie. maker of the media, I have not had time to check to make sure if this is the case but is worth a try.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea my dvds are bad. There are corupt files waiting to be burnt and I can't seem to delete them, the delete comand won't highlight. I must have been burning the corupt files when I was checking the DVDs. I'm working on it, thanks for your help. Rick

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one other question, does windows xp have its own DVD burner and if so where is it. I went through Acer to burn mine I think. Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.