Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is QUITE important, given that its music from ITunes and worth a couple hundred to me. X_X

I was going to reformat so I got a friend to use Nero to burn my 300+ songs to a memorex CD-R and apparently he burnt them all half to one cd and half to another and yeah so I reformatted and now I'm trying to get them back into my computer and he told me to use FreeRip but its not working.

My computer denies that anything is in the D drive.

It normally does that, as in, I can hardly read recordable cds. Something I'm missing here?

My mom took it to her work and the dude says it doesnt look burnt, they say its maybe empty?

1. How can it *not look* burnt
2. Even if it's empty, that doesnt explain why my computer didnt even recognize it's existance for starters

So eh can somebody light the way for me because there are a number of possibilities and I GOD I JUST WONT BELIEVE THEY'RE EMPTY UNTIL I CAN KNOW FOR SURE BECAUSE THIS IS A BIG INVESTMENT

All in all, please help me read this goddamn cd. If you need more information, ask away.

· TSF Emeritus
26,674 Posts
Try IsoBuster. It will tell you if there's anything on the CD and, even if there was an error during burning, it will recover the files to your hard drive.
www.isobuster.com

FreeRip won't see anything, it's only for backing up audio CDs, not data (which is what your MP3 CD is)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.