Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

I am building a new pc, socket 478, P4, 2.0gig and 512 DDR 2100. Everything is connected but I cannot get the pc to boot, the processor runs but the screen stays black. I've checked the memory. I don't know what else to check. The cd rom will runa check and the HD starts but the floppy won't start.

Confused

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you run an OS on this computer yet? Are you just trying to install the OS? If it hasn't run yet, make sure everything is plugged in correctly and verify everything in your CMOS is correct. If the floppy doesn't work, make sure the cable is on right and it has power. Check your CMOS to see if you floppy is indeed connected. Hope this helps you get going.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
One of the moderators should move this to a different forum for a more optimal response to your post.

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
How have you went about checking to insure the floppy is not working? Also does the green light come on the floppy and stay on?

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
Will the screen let you view CMOS?

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
Does the computer make any beeping noises when it comes on. Also you may have a bad processor or MoBo or Vid card and could be wrong also I would che to make sure your memory is fully seated as well as any cards you have and also I would make sure your board support the size and type DDR also if it was a memory issue you should still get a boot screen the it will beep at you I think. So back to my thought bad something porcessor or mobo more than likely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.