Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I have all the parts. I am currently putting the PC together, but it WONT turn on.

I think I have basically downed it to these 3 items, which could be the PSU, Mobo, or CASE.

I have a XION II Case, A8N-Premium Mobo, 450W psu. Also currently plugged in is 2x512 stick of ram, and a athlon 64 3700+ san diego cpu.

Well, i get the mobo all screwed in no problem, hook up to PSU, and the wires to the case. easy enough. try and turning it on? no go.

Well, the LED on the mobo does turn on when I turn on the power supply. granted it doesn't take much to light it, power is still getting it to somehow. However, the lights on the case are not turning on.. IE the XION on the top, and the green power on button.

now perhaps that could be a operator error, but I mean I know I am putting the wires in the correct spots on the mobo, and it says where they go on. color coded and everything so you really can't mess it up. well either I am, or theres just no power getting to it.

Nothing else has happened from here, i've been stuck at this point for almost 2 hours now, no fans start to turn, no clicks, nothing. now perhaps the cpu isn't compatible with the mobo, could that be a problem? but when I read reviews I made sure people had said it was indeed compatible and they bought the same mobo/cpu and works great.

maybe i just got a faulty mobo psu or case, if anyone has any input on what I should be looking for, or how wire configuation between the case power buton and lights go onto the mobo or even anything.

All help is appareciated :)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Try removing one stick of the ram. the case illumination only light when iy is powered up.
also you can try and short the pins where the power button plugs in (use a small screwdriver or ballpoint pen with a medal tip).
If that doesnt work pull the board and lay it on a piece of cardboard or somthing noncunductive. and try powering it up that way, that will eliminate any shorts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 4 pin connector is plugged in yes.

will try pulling the mobo out of the case now, perhaps there is a ground and it touching some metal piece i cannot see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well, its the same deal as before, the one green LED on the mobo is lighting up, nothing else is happening. when i turn the psu off, the lights shut off immediately. thats the only noticable thing happening. i really don't know what else i could be doing wrong.

perhaps the wires from the case connecting to the mobo are wrong.. but I mean it says right on the mobo and on the wires, and its pretty much just matching up..

so confused right now. never had a computer give me any trouble this early in building it .. :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.