Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to build myself a computer with a AMD Processor and could anyone suggest a parts list that would be excellent for gaming, and the internet

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
well first off, good sites to buy computer parts from include www.newegg.com www.mwave.com www.zipzoomfly.com and even www.pricegrabber.com

since you are going with amd, buy an amd cpu that is socket 939 and a motherboard that supports socket 939. stick to the nforce4 chipsets since they are some of the best performers for games and more. are you planning to take advantage of SLI at all........running two videocards?

well good motherboards include the Asus A8N-SLI, Abit AN*, MSI K8N Neo4 SLi motherboards. if you dont plan to use sli then you can get the motherboard with no sli so you can save a bit of money.

for ram, get at least pc3200 and if you plan to overclock your system you can get a higher speed ram. stick to name brands and good brands include partiot, crucial, corsair, mushkin, ocz, and even kingston brand. so far ive had experiences with mushkin and crucial and they both have been working great.

if you want a good performance hdd then check out the Western digital Raptor hdds and also maybe you can get another hdd for storage use.

newegg is really good and i recommend shopping from them.

·
The Patriot
667 Posts
just built one for gaming, works excellent and lag free. what i did was add in old parts to the new like cd rom, case, power supply to the new stuff.

I suggest

AMD Sempron Processor
Asus K8N Motherboard
Geforce 6600 Video card
1 gig DDR Ram PC3200

·
Registered
344 Posts
Go with the 64-bit Socket 949 AMDs.

As far as Video card i'd recommend the Geforce 6600GT.

No, dual videocards do not require 2 monitors.

To be honest it all depends on your budget. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ericwaycotx said:
Go with the 64-bit Socket 949 AMDs.

As far as Video card i'd recommend the Geforce 6600GT.

No, dual videocards do not require 2 monitors.

To be honest it all depends on your budget. :D
If you have the money go for a more expensive video card. No offense to you suggestion but the fact that the 6600gt has only 8 pixel pipes and a 128bit memory interface keep it from being one of the real heavy duty video cards, but it's ok if you are on a buget.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Andrew0987 said:
If you have the money go for a more expensive video card. No offense to you suggestion but the fact that the 6600gt has only 8 pixel pipes and a 128bit memory interface keep it from being one of the real heavy duty video cards, but it's ok if you are on a buget.
You get the most bang for the buck with the 6600GT IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.