Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey! I have another dumb question.. :rolleyes: ... Ok I am in the process of buying a new computer but I thought I'd build my own instead of buying one with stuff I don't need or want.. so anyway.. the tech guy at the store I went to recommended I use the "ATI Radeon 9000 All in wonder" video card for what I want to do (video editing) but (I didn't feel like being stupid to the guy's face so I figured I'd ask these boards and feel stupid here! lol) that doesn't include any kind of audio right? Like, I want to know if I will need to add an sound card on top of that (cuz I need good sound!) Sorry for all the dumb-*** questions..

thanks!
yogurt:D

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Hi Yogurt, whats happening !!!
Video card he recommended is good, but as far as I know it will not replace your sound card. You would probably need to get a good sound card. And no, there is no stupid questions...You can always ask techs at the store unless you can see they are complete ignoran-uses...then avoid them :tongue2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks merlin !!! And since you said that, I have another question ... hehe :winkgrin: The ATI vid card he suggested does enable TV-IN & OUT right??? Not that I'm double-questioning his knowledge I just wanna make sure 'cause I really want to be able to view my TV on my computer and my computer on my TV..

thanks again!!

yogurt:angel:

·
Registered
165 Posts
of cause all-in-wonder means video in-out and TV tuner onboard,
I use the "old" ATI 7500 card and have to connect it to the extra soundcard's line input (external cable)

why don't you check ATI homepage if you worry so much ?

gr

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks Mental_Myopia !! :winkgrin:

yogurt:angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status