Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've built four systems for myself before, and never run into this problem.

The computer won't POST. Nothing, no beeps, no display to monitor, nothing.
ASUS M2A-VM (Onboard video)
Athlon X2 4600+
Patriot 6400 2GB
Case is an off brand cheapo that I got for about 40 dollars with rated 400W power supply.

It will occasionally display to the screen if I reset the CMOS, but after I save anything in the BIOS it won't boot any more. The BIOS correctly reads all components, (Including the Seagate SATA HD and an LG DVD burner which aren't hooked up right now) I have tried it with my gaming computer's 500W quality PS and nothing that way. Tried booting it with the motherboard on a piece of cardboard because I thought the motherboard might be fried. Multiple monitors.

Originally I thought it would be the motherboard, first motherboard I tried it with was a Foxconn, so I replaced that with the ASUS. Still same problem. Any ideas?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yay for resurrecting dead posts. :) Anyway, I hit the reset button multiple times and still no POST. I just have the monitor hooked up to the VGA port (onboard graphics), an IDE DVD burner, and a Seagate SATA HD. Any ideas?

· Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same problem with this motherboard. i have never been able to get into the bios at all.no display, hdd led remains on when it powers up and will not post. seriously pissing me off. asus faq was no help :4-dontkno

· Registered
3 Posts
i did clear the cmos. its a brand new motherboard this shouldn't be happening.

AMD Phenom 9500+ Quadcore 2.2Ghz
ASUS M2A-VM mobo with integrated graphics
Kingston 1 gig ram 533/677/800mhz
430 watt PSU (brand?)
old 30 gig maxtor ata hdd.

thats it. im not going to connect anything else to it until i get it working.
i returned the first stick of ram i had because it was 2 gig and wasnt supported by the motherboard. the mobo and proc i bought bundled so i doubt it could be that it doesnt support this processor. thanks for replying.

· Registered
13,874 Posts
If the fans don't spin then it's mostly PSU related or BIOS voltages.
Kalim said it perfectly there. Since clearing the CMOS didn't fix it it must be the PSU. See if there is another one you can try. If not I would look into another power supply. If you are using the onboard graphics, look at this because it is on sale.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371002

This will also work:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371006

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.