Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is buffer overflow? Is it a virus? Is it a memory problem? I already have an issue posted on the HJT forum but I started getting these buffer overflow messages this past July. I installed Norton and it now blocks the pop-ups and sends a Norton message that an attack on my computer was just blocked. BUT my bottom taskbar takes about 3-4 minutes to become "solid" (It's see-thru when I turn my pc on). If I open IE before the bar becomes solid, it won't load all the way and then sends the much despised "this program is not responding" box. If it's a memory issue, is it easily fixed??? If it's a virus, will it be fixed when I get my response to my post in the HiJackThis Help log?

P.S. I've tried the system restore... it does not work. I even tried to restore 1 day back and it says it cannot restore.

Thanks again

·
Registered
274 Posts
buffer overflow is caused by some applications-try uninstalling the appln u installed before the error.this buffer prblm can be exploited by viruses

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What can I do since I don't know what app was installed? I have 2 teenage sons that use to get on my laptop. They get into the game sites and I've tried deleting all the games but some apps, I can't tell if it's something to do with one of their games or if it's something necessary. Oh, what to do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.