Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
WOW! I am more confused about a video card upgrade than any other component upgrade I have done. I have read and researched and am even more mind boggled. I THINK it is narrowed down to two choices. Also, I am on a very limited budget. The choices are ATI Radeon 9550 and GeForce FX5500, both are AGP and 256MB. I am currently running a GeForce MX4000 128MB card. So, two questions. First, given my system specs, would I see much graphics performance improvement with either card, and second, which might be a better choice overall? :4-dontkno
System specs are as follows;
P4 3.06Ghz/533 FSB
1.5 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
AGP video slot
500W PS
Windows XP Home SP2

I am not a heavy gamer, don't care to overclock, just would like a little better graphics performance. Thanx for opinions and input. :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Will my system handle that much video card? The 6600 or 6600GT?
oldmn, what core speed do you think would be best situated for my particular system? What is core speed? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
55 Posts
EJayJay said:
Will my system handle that much video card? The 6600 or 6600GT?
oldmn, what core speed do you think would be best situated for my particular system? What is core speed? :4-dontkno
The 6600GT would be a good match if anything it would be the bottleneck. At this point in time, I wouldnt go for anything less than a 6600gt. Anything less and you're looking at rather poor performance. Perhaps consider the 6800LE and try unlocking the pipes, you might get lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.