Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've recently downloaded and installed Fedora Core 4, but I want to get my BT Voyager 100 USB ADSL Modem to work on it. I found the EciADSL site, and I tried it out, I was told by the helpers on their IRC channel that I would need to use the Nortek version to support my modem, however I am having lots of problems.

I can't seem to get it to install from the .tar file, there is a makefile in there but I am a complete beginner at Linux and have no idea how to get them to work, I played around with the console a bit but with no luck.

If anyone who has managed to get this modem to work on Fedora, or knows how to get it to work, and is able to give me a step by step guide for a beginner I would be very greatful.

Thanks.

Daniel.

P.S

I found a couple of old threads in this forums about someone who managed to get their BT Voyager ADSL modem to work, but according to the support people for EciADSL I have to use the Nortek version for my modem.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well the tar file will expand into a folder when you use this command in the shell
Code:
tar -xf filename.tar
As far as the make file goes you need to read the instructions that come with the source. It usually goes something like
Code:
./configure
make
make install
What your actually doing here is compiling the source code from scratch. But like I said there may be more steps so you really need to read through the documentation files first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.