Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is this:

Whenever I play Call of Duty 4, the computer crashes and the following BSOD appears. My specs are as follows:
AMD 6000+
Asus M2N-E
xfx8800gts 320meg
SoundBlaster Xfi XtremeMusic
OCZ DDR2 PC2-8000 Platinum (2x1Gig)
Ultra Xfinity 500W Power Supply

I've run Orthos for 19 hours with no problems on either core. I've run Memtest for about 14 hours with no problems.

Some more history on this issue can be found at the following link:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/c...pid=939217&msg_id=m-1-434328227#m-1-434328227

I can post (if possible, if not I can mail) some mini dump files if anyone is willing to take a look at those.

Any input is appreciated,
Thank you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should ask this question in the games section.But it could be overheating one of the causes,probably a bad driver.You could monitor if it is over heating

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would suggest to you that your PSU is underpowered for that graphics card.
That might be it! The one I have squeezes out only 18A at 12V, and the suggested requirement is 26A. Now I have to wait for some funds and upgrade the PSU.

But it's strange that no other games cause the system to crash. I play Bioshock and COD 2 maxed out, and never had this problem.

Even when playing Crysis the comp doesn't crash.

Is there any program that would severely stress the vid card, so that I can make sure that this is the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is from nvidia's website. I couldn't find the requirements for GTS, but GT should be similar.

"A: GeForce 8800 GT graphics cards require a minimum 400 W or greater system power supply (with 12V current rating of 26 A) for single GPU operation."

Posted below are specs of my power supply. The combined 12V is 34A, so it should be enough. Can someone tell me if I'm interpreting this right?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.