Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BSOD running driver verifier named Agrsm64.sys as the Bugcheck
This is the driver for My Agere Systems PCI-SV92E Soft Modem

Driver Provider: Agere Systems
Driver Date: 03/21/2008
Driver Version: 2.1.88.0
Driver: agrsm64.sys
File Version: 2.07

This modem has to be setup in safe mode to get it to work correctly. If I install it in normal windows I get a Code 52 unsigned driver error.
Also if I update the driver via device manager then the device has a code 52 error unsigned driver

Attachments

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,180 Posts
A little off-topic, but that is a Dial-Up modem, and if you're using Cable/Broadband or if you don't use a phone line for fax that is connected to your computer , then you can safely disable that device and if you know you're way around, you can physically remove the card from the PC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little off-topic, but that is a Dial-Up modem, and if you're using Cable/Broadband or if you don't use a phone line for fax that is connected to your computer , then you can safely disable that device and if you know you're way around, you can physically remove the card from the PC.
I use Comcast/Xfinity for my ISP
I occasionally use the modem for sending Faxes from my computer over my phone line

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was originally installed in my dell XPS-420 desktop

it's listed as LiteOn Conexant V.92 MiniPCI Data/Fax Modem
I found a driver for windows XP on the Dell website

Version 6.01.05.52,A02
Release date 8 Jun 2004
Last updated 3 Nov 2011

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out my faxmodem is a USR5638 I went to UsRobotics website and downloaded new drivers for it

I took My Computer apart and verified that the modem is a US Robotics USR5638 Faxmodem
It uses the agrsm64.sys driver but the new driver provider is LSI Corpration driver version is 2.2.100 driver date is 1/26/2010 12:52:19

It's compatible with Windows 10

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On to Next BSOD - See Attached

This dump shows a problem with the Intel (R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller driver

Driver provider: Intel Corporation
Driver Date: 6/14/2017
Driver Version: 30.100.1724.1
Driver Name: iaLPSS2i_GPIO2.sys

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've opened a support request with Intel Regarding their chipset component driver. In contacting my computer manufacturer regarding the issue they opened a case as the drivers were up to date and still causing BSOD's with driver verifier enabled

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Initial bugcheck analysis says the probable cause is ci.dll which is a windows operating system component

i listed the stack at the time of the error and it shows that there was a Page Fault when copying driver to memory and thats what caused the bugcheck so i think it is more likely that the error is related to a RAM memory error

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On to Next BSOD - See Attached

This dump shows a problem with the Intel (R) Serial IO GPIO Host Controller driver

Driver provider: Intel Corporation
Driver Date: 6/14/2017
Driver Version: 30.100.1724.1
Driver Name: iaLPSS2i_GPIO2.sys
In investigating this dump further it showed a Norton Security Software driver as the faulting driver and not the Intel driver

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've opened a support request with Intel Regarding their chipset component driver. In contacting my computer manufacturer regarding the issue they opened a case as the drivers were up to date and still causing BSOD's with driver verifier enabled
This BSOD was related to a Norton Security driver and not an Intel driver

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,180 Posts
There is nothing that can be done, you already know the reason for the error, if you're using legacy hardware on a newer OS and if it causes a BSOD, it's not worth bypassing or working around this error.

Get new hardware and maybe an external one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is nothing that can be done, you already know the reason for the error, if you're using legacy hardware on a newer OS and if it causes a BSOD, it's not worth bypassing or working around this error.

Get new hardware and maybe an external one.
I don't know why I should invest in new hardware when the current hardware is said to be completely compatible with Windows 10 and the driver is signed by windows compatibilty

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.