Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Firstly, I'm really glad this forum exists as I'm not massively tech-savvy and am pulling my hair out with this intermittent issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me... now onto the problem.

I use an external soundcard connecting via usb (native instruments audio kontrol 1), this is running on win7 64bit. When watching a flash episode of my fav programs, sometimes I get a BSOD. It says the driver at fault is the one controlling the soundcard... at first I thought it was an internet issue so have been downloading things then watching them offline. However today I got a BSOD despite following this procedure so it's not limited to an online problem. I only get the BSOD when watching something. I guess an immediate solution would be to just watch nothing :D but ideally I would like to be able to use my pc for leisure as well as business.

I have already disabled hardware acceleration for flash and the problem is still occurring. Something I can remember from the error message when it bluescreens is "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

I use my pc for business as I write music for a living... I'm obviously really concerned that all this hard shutdown malarkey is going to damage my pc in the longterm. Any advice on how I can go about resolving these problems would be hugely appreciated! I'm guessing I will need to post some sort of log / dump on here but I'm not sure where I should be looking for that.

Cheers

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there JC... thanks for your reply. It seems my response has been swallowed by the system (or maybe I just forgot to hit post).

The sound card driver is up to date (as of 2010), I checked last night and there are no more recent versions. Hopefully this isn't a driver issue as I really love the sound of this external card!

I will have to find a slot when I can run the Verifier for 24 hrs (as stated above I use the pc for business so obv if I have a booking I can't be without the pc for that long). So please bear with me, I will respond and bump the post as soon as I can run the verifier.

Thanks very much for your initial time / help!

HS

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts
You can continue to use the system while Driver Verifier is running.

You can always turn it off, too - bring up ADMIN cmd/ DOS prompt & type verifer /reset

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.