Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Tech Support ,

I have recently bought a Intel Hades Canyon NUC (spec below) windows 10 machine which includes a RAdeon Vega dedicated graphics card. I need to be able to record streamed material sometimes passworded , sometimes not.

I need to be able to create and edit short videos, to be able to add overlays or voice-overs to videos of some streamed material (sometimes behind a password) of online classes that I teach as well as other video material. In the past using win 7 I have used Applian's Replay Media Catcher without any problem.

A timeline:
  1. shortly after purchase, I ran a live class and tried to record using a webcam + the windows 10 recording app. The recording froze half-way. (A subsequent recording worked OK, so I thought nothing of it at the time)
  2. previously recorded videos seem to play fine.
  3. the Hades CAnyon began crashing to BSOD when using OBS to record streamed video (from screen/desktop - not direct from URL/internet)
  4. crashed using 'replay media catcher' from URL based stream
  5. crashes using 'apowersoft'
  6. HOWEVER: it does record successfully (basic screen recording) using windows game bar (win key + g or alt+win+R)
  7. BUT:
  8. I can't get to record using 'radeon relive' ' - although i believe this may be a settings issue or compatibility with game bar.

I've been in touch with Simply NUC from whom I bought the machine and have updated all relevant drivers on their instruction.
No change. The win game bar recorder and indeed OBS and aPowersoft all record screen activity - in real time, while RMS would record from a URL, which is what I really need. I can't try the RMS as my subscription has run out and until I know that it will work, I can't reasonably upgrade to current status.

I wonder whether temporarily disabling or uninstalling the radeon vega so as to use the on-board Intel graphics might shed some light on the issue?

I do hope you can help -
kind regards,
Alex

Intel Hades Canyon NUC
CPU: 3.1GHz Intel Core i7-8809G (quad-core, 8MB Cache, up to 4.2GHz)
Graphics: Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics (4GB HBM2 VRAM), Intel UHD Graphics 630
RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 (3,200MHz)

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advice.
I have run the app but have only the folder, no zip file. (C:\Users\alexc\Documents\SysnativeFileCollectionApp). I don't have winzip installed, but can of course install it. I use 7zip.

However it is possible that the operation was interrupted by kaspersky which warned me thus: PDM: TROJAN.WIN32. GENERIC . Could that be?

Not sure what to do without the zip file . I can of course zip the folder??

In the meantime while awaiting your response, I will run the driver certifier and hardware diagnostics as you have suggested. Obviously if there is any issue with the hardware, I will have protection under the guarantee.

• IN answer to your queries if it is useful to answer this now:
    win 10 home
  • x64
  • win 10 pre-installed by 'manufacturer'
  • yes - preinstalled
  • purchased new this year in august 2020
  • (preinstalled)
  • no I have not reinstalled the OS, though I have updated the drivers following instructions/downloads as recommended by Simply NUC (manufacturer / seller)
  • CPU: 3.1GHz Intel Core i7-8809G (quad-core, 8MB Cache, up to 4.2GHz)
  • Graphics: Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics (4GB HBM2 VRAM), Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • not a laptop :- but it's System Model is NUC8i7HVK (board number: NUC8i7HVB ..). Go Small, get Big
  • not a laptop (power supply)
  • manufacturer: Intel (Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK)
  • model number NUC8i7HVK s/n: BTHN016006R6
  • NUC (not laptop or desktop)

Thanks for your support -
I look forward to hearing from youy regarding the zip file.

Alex

· Emeritus
643 Posts
Right click the folder > sent to > compressed (zipped) folder and upload the zip file.

For any future assistance, please add an exception in Kaspersky for the Sysnative log collector tool. The link is from the 2016 version, but from what I see the GUI has been mostly consistent across multiple versions.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all this. The folder is zipped and I've opened a thread in the BSOD debugging, as instructed. But I can't see how or where to upload the zipped folder. Have tried to drag drop, but seemingly it just coped the folder to my downloads folder! There's no attachments ikon as there is here below.
So I'm attaching it here,
kind regards,
Alex

Attachments

· Emeritus
643 Posts
Please run driver verifier using the following settings for 48 hours.
  • Special Pool
  • Force IRQL checking
  • Pool Tracking
  • Deadlock Detection
  • Security Checks
  • Miscellaneous Checks
  • Power framework delay fuzzing
  • DDI compliance checking

Warning: driver verifier could cause boot issues and/or performance issues.

Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
  1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
  2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
  3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
    • click Troubleshoot
    • go to the advanced options
    • choose command prompt
    • enter the below command
  4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
  5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
Code:
verifier /reset

Crashed when running driver verifier
  1. Reset driver verifier
  2. Boot in normal mode if necessary
  3. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to provide the requested logs

Extra information about driver verifier
When you run driver verifier, there are two things you're looking out for
1. Driver verifier won't find any driver violating something and thus in the time you need to run it there won't be a crash
2. Driver verifier will find a driver violating something and thus the system will crash.

The end result of driver verifier is either of the two, but when driver verifier finds something your system will BSOD.

Driver verifier essentially validates selected drivers on selected actions, this validation adds some delay to actions performed in the background which results in a performance decrease that many people notice. This is called stress testing drivers and depending on quite a few factors this performance decrease is worse for some than for others, and some won't even notice a difference.

Depending on the drivers selected, it is possible that some of the selected drivers are so-called 'boot' drivers, meaning they load when your system is booting. If these drivers don't pass a validation check, your system will crash, but since the drivers are loading at boot, your system will basically be in a boot loop. That is one of the risks involved and the most important one. Of course, there are various methods to recover from it.

If you want visual confirmation that driver verifier is actually running, copy/paste the following command in powershell or command prompt

Code:
verifier /query
If the command gives a result similar to this, it means driver verifier is running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.